Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solo408
    • Jan 2011

zeus will not communicate with 1986 corvette

trying to get the limited data stream from a 1986 corvette, i have the GM 1 connector and the new OBD-1 DA-6 cable adapter have battery power to connector lights up green, flashes blue, green light lite on adapter. have good serial data when scoped terminal E (serial data) and terminal A (ground) at DLC and have all the correct voltages and grounds at DLC. voltage reading with scope have regular looking data pacs and live reading on scope is around 3.8 volts. the scanner just wont connect to read codes and/or get data, but i can run functions test at least it turns fan on when entered. im running 21.2 on the zeus platform. called diagnostics they said if i was getting >3.2 volts on serial terminal it should work. pin fitment is not an issue and all adapters light up just wont connect? any help would be appreciated. i know you can get flash codes out which i have done, blinks a 12 normal system no codes, wanting to read limited data but it will not
  • solo408
    • Jan 2011

communication 1986 vette

i finally got it to communicate, this vehicle is a bundle of cob work, i entered the vehicle id as a 1985 and it communicated and responded as much as it can on a 1986. during trouble shooting i took the ecm down and it has the salvage yard paint marking on ecm 1985 automatic written on it, go figure. with the new id as a 1985 all the parameters are correct and function as they were supposed to and yes it did help me in the further diagnosis of this vehicle. i at least got to view fuel trims and o2 activity. forcing rich with propane o2 did not react as it should, fuel pump will only put out 30 psi even with return blocked, a amperage and voltage +/- at pump are good, regulator nipple broken off causing vacuum leak and not signaling reg to increase pressure with throttle stab but it wouldn't any way cause pump is just wore out, this is with fuel filter bypassed also. anyway it would work with just the simple year change. like i said snap on help line stated it was car, i checked serial line with scope all was good , started to enter in diff years and it worked

Comment

Working...