Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Problem updating to 20.4.0.9

After updating Shopstream connect to newest version. It REQUIRED I installed using administrator option or it wouldn't install. Then tried to update and for the past few days it never downloads the file. Which is a mere 485.01 MB. Is there something going on? My Verus doesn't even show the update. Just confused as to why I can't update my solus edge and why my verus doesn't even show 20.4.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Close SSC and on your Desktop shortcut to it RIGHT click the icon then choose Run as Administrator it should open to the screen that allows you to Download.

Steve

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

ShopStream Connect UAC: On Level: Admin

It's been downloading for 5 hours now. I have rebooted, restarted and just about everything. I'm going to uninstall it now and erase all registry. Maybe that fixes it. But not sure why my Zeus, I thought it was Verus, doesn't have the update come up. :/

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Pretty sure your level should be USER, not Admin. Call tech support

Comment

• Resident_psycho
          • Oct 2020

Same problem.

Have tried updating my Solus Edge for 2 days now. The bar just keeps scrolling but never downloads the update. Tried on 2 other laptops. Another tech in the shop has the same problem on his Titan. Aggravating that we pay for the subscriptions and can't update them. And we don't have much free time in the shop to call Snap On to try to figure out what the issue is. Hopefully we could get some kind of fix in this thread to fix this problem, as it seems like its somewhat widespread.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

What build number of ShopStream Connect do you have installed now (Help> About ShopStream Connect)?
            What is the user level displayed at the top of the ShopStream Connect window just to the right of the window title.

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Steve6911
              Close SSC and on your Desktop shortcut to it RIGHT click the icon then choose Run as Administrator it should open to the screen that allows you to Download.

Steve
              This is the procedure that I followed (when you choose to update SSC this instruction is given).Worked fine for me.SSC must be updated before the scan tool can be updated.

Comment

• Resident_psycho
                • Oct 2020

Version 20.4.0.9 11 Sept 20
                If I run as user it says "user". I f I run as admin it says "admin". I tried both ways and still won't update. You have to update Shopstream before you can even try to update the scanners.

Comment

• Glide
                  • Jan 2015

"Run as admin" is only to update SSC.After you close SSC and go back in you will be User,and then you should be able to update your scanner.Thats how it worked for me.
                  Hopefully Steve or Rich can help you more.

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

At this point I would call Tech support

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                      Snap-on D&I
                      • Nov 2006

You said "The bar just keeps scrolling but never downloads the update."
                      Can you post a capture of the SSC update window? That may provide a clue.

Comment

• Resident_psycho
                        • Oct 2020

Here is the screenshot. I uninstalled Shopstream also and re-installed it. Still will not update the scanner or download the software to even update the scanner. The green bottom bar just keeps scrolling, and the box above it never shows progress. I can leave it like that for a couple hours and it won't move.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Resident_psycho; 10-23-2020, 08:48 AM. Reason: added 2nd screenshot

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                          • Apr 2011

Just give up. I had my snap on guy update mine. Took him 10 minutes to install the update, then I just had to wait for the reboots. Till this day, the update never went through and nothing was downloaded. I wouldn't waste my time anymore. Good luck!

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                            Snap-on D&I
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Resident_psycho
                            Here is the screenshot. I uninstalled Shopstream also and re-installed it. Still will not update the scanner or download the software to even update the scanner. The green bottom bar just keeps scrolling, and the box above it never shows progress. I can leave it like that for a couple hours and it won't move.
                            Please try again now and let us know if it worked.

Comment

• Orange_Juice
                              • Oct 2020

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
                              Please try again now and let us know if it worked.
                              Thanks Rich update worked for me.

Comment

Working...