Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Throttle relearn on new style GM trucks

Recently I've had 2 new style Chevy Suburbans ( VIN 3 LC9 engines ) that I cleaned the throttle bodies on. In both cases the cleaning lowered the throttle angle at idle from 11 to 5 % and in both cases the vehicles developed idle issues after the cleaning. The idle was fine until the throttle was tipped in, then would not idle below 1200 even though desired was 600 rpm. In both cases a day of driving the vehicle returned the idle to normal. THere is no relearn procedure or function I've found in the Verus ( 10.2 ). I could control and bring the idle down with the RPM control function, but this did not cure problem, niether did fuel trim reset. Maybe there is a function in 10.4 ? Or some one out there Knows of a relearn procedure other than a battery disconnect ?
    Last edited by greasybob; 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

typically if I have one that comes in with low idle issues I clean the throttle body then update the pcm the tech2 and this fixes the issue. Even after they still idle low for me, the reflash has an update for this condition.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
      Recently I've had 2 new style Chevy Suburbans ( VIN 3 LC9 engines ) that I cleaned the throttle bodies on. In both cases the cleaning lowered the throttle angle at idle from 11 to 5 % and in both cases the vehicles developed idle issues after the cleaning. The idle was fine until the throttle was tipped in, then would not idle below 1200 even though desired was 600 rpm. In both cases a day of driving the vehicle returned the idle to normal. THere is no relearn procedure or function I've found in the Verus ( 10.2 ). I could control and bring the idle down with the RPM control function, but this did not cure problem, niether did fuel trim reset. Maybe there is a function in 10.4 ? Or some one out there Knows of a relearn procedure other than a battery disconnect ?
      This feature just got added to the 11.2 Software update. I've already used it twice, and it works as advertised. I was glad to find it in there when I needed it. Sounds like you came across some before I did.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

I dont know which do and dont have it. Sometimes its in output controls, sometimes its under module setup. Depends on the vehicle I guess. The ones that dont have the idle reset, dont have it in the Tech2 either.One I know offhand is 04 Tahoe 5.3. Just had one last week, had to disconnect the battery. Also, 07? Colorado w/3.5 didnt have reset either. Those I recall off the top of my head. Neither Verus or Tech2 had the function.
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        JD Automotive & Truck Inc
        Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...