Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolf0r
    • Mar 2007

New 1.6.20 update failed.

My touchscrren stopped working for a bit. I upgraded to the new software. I did run the install patch first but get an error for Pinvoke.DLL Anyone else? I keep being told to send it in. Is it expensive? I have over 4k in it now with software. I could have bought a Toughbook loaded for that! My dealer doesn't know **** about it either.

Comment

• robp823
      • Mar 2011

yep

Im sorry but i have to agree with an earlier post.Getting the OE software is the way to go.I wasted time and money on hand held ********.The best purchases i made were a toughbook and a nexiq usb link.

Comment

• Wolf0r
        • Mar 2007

I may have to sell this POS and get OEM

Comment

• Wolf0r
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by robp823
          Im sorry but i have to agree with an earlier post.Getting the OE software is the way to go.I wasted time and money on hand held ********.The best purchases i made were a toughbook and a nexiq usb link.
          You sold me easy on that bro, It's for sale soon as I get the junk touchscreen going again.

Comment

• the truck doctor
            • Jun 2012

junk made by snap on

i have been a truck mechanic for 30 years i watched the computer age grow so i purchased the nexiq iq and was happy with it for a little while until i called for repairs on it to snap on i will not buy any other software for this piece of junk it does not do what we need and i need to have it repaired already i only hade it for 3 years and it does not work the touch screen needs to be repaired and i cant find any other place to repair other than snap on and i will run it over before i send this to them.

snap on is the rudes people i have ever ran across in this field

i knew what i bought as far as the software but to have repaired at this time costs me money evey day while it is down i purchased all the oem software from dealers and im happy with there product but snap on did not need to come in and purchase nexiq and mess them alll up

i owned a prolink and that is the only reason i purchased a iq

i wish i could have my prolinl 9000 back

Comment

• Caliber
              • Nov 2010

Anyone try the Isuzu software on one?

Comment

• TurboJim
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Wolf0r
                I bought the GM/CAT adapter only to find out it won't do 3126E which sucks. Plus it don't find a transmission either. Granted this is a 2002 Chevy B7 with a Cat 3126E, Allison A/T. And the program I purchased says "Cat Acert" Maybe I am expecting too much.

Don't even think about getting into the GM ABS without the Tech 2. This I understand because everyone with ABS trouble on a GM Med Duty in our area comes to me. These are other shops with a wide variety of scan tools, pro link, OEM, etc.

Is the Modis any better with Med Duty?
                I had one this week, I couldnt talk to the ABS even with my Tech2. Self test ran, and light went out when I fixed the WSS air gaps, but as you know, MD GM talks J1708 can, and ABS also broadcasts on pin 12 of the DLC. I had some kind of activity on pin 12 (viewing with my scope) but it wasnt read by my Tech2. I dont know if I need another DLC connector for that truck or what, but nothing I tried would talk to it. Was an 01 C6500 w/3126B, Allison. FWIW, I COULD talk to the engine using Autotap and my USB-link. I wasnt dioing it, just querying to see what modules were on the bus, but I did get useable engine data/codes that way. And I wasnt using the GM/CAT adaptor. I was using the OBD2 DLC connector. I think its 444013 adapter.
                Jim Testa
                Senior Technician
                JD Automotive & Truck Inc
                Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...