X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

03 Nissan Idle Relearn

Tried the idle air relearn procedure with a DS-708 , rpm came down some during test to about 800 RPM but procedure would not come to an end and the lower idle it dropped to during procedure would not take after I aborted the never ending procedure and restarted engine. I Repeated the test again and it was still idling with 3 injectors unplugged. Plugged the 3 injectors back in one at a time and idle went up. Figured the damned thing was going to have to get throttle body replaced, and I turned off engine. I noticed each time engine was turned off the throttle would be actuated opened slightly then close, but plate would not close completely. I figured before I replace the throttle body , I figure WTF do I have to loose, so I tell assistant to turn the key on , engine off, and to depress accelerator pedal WOT to the floor and throttle plate opens . Release the pedal, and throttle plate closes but it's still kinda open a bit, so I hold the throttle actuator plate completely closed and ask assistant to cycle the key off and then on a couple times while I'm holding the throttle plate completely shut when he turns the ignition key off against the actuator pressure as it automatically tries to crack the throttle open and closed after the key is turned off. I put the air duct back on and start engine and engine idle is good. Damn it worked, I wouldn't recommend doing what I did except as a frustrated last resort measure before sending a turd to the dealer and letting them throw a throttle actuator and ECM on it.
    I think S.Breland's method of having an assistant hold the accelerator pedal WOT with key on engine off is better way to go about cleaning any fly by wire throttle body if you really have to clean one out (just don't be spraying anything in there , only real sparingly on the rag or soft tooth brush , very gently wipe off the buildup with). Maybe the actuators gearing can jump a tooth or can slip on press fit shafts inside if you push open the throttle plate by hand against the return spring and force actuator gears to move.
    Last edited by Witsend; 08-30-2013, 09:05 AM. Reason: more to rambling to add

Comment

Working...