Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonsauto
    • Jun 2018

2011 mercedes transmission reprogramming

Is any of the snap on passthru device are capable to do the mercedes transmission programming?
    I am working with this 2011 c300 with 722.9 (7speed) transmission and trying to replace the valve body and reprogram but I can not seem to find any way to program it except for taking it to the dealer.

If not the snap on passthru, what other device can I buy to do so?
  • Moonsauto
    • Jun 2018

Anybody??
    Please help

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Jay

Sorry that no one has responded to you, however this is not an easy question.As by the R2R act you "should" be able to program the PCM or TCM of this vehicle, that being said Mercedes does not always play by the rules. I am assuming you are using the Pass-thru-Pro II as that is what is on your profile. This is an older unit so it might not cover all the protocols. Have you looked into the price of a subscription? The last time I looked into the price (a few years back) they only did an annual sub at the cost of over $3,000.00. Again I don't know if this has changed. Also the site will tell you if your Pass-thru is validated or not. Another option would be to try a company like BlueLink

You can contact them and see if your tooling is up to par and if they can do it. Setup fees and the cost of the programming would be at least $500.00. But after the setup you have a year sub to the company and future programming is less.

Or you could call in a mobile guy and have him come to you and do it with his equipment and just charge you for the Flash and while his is doing this you could be working on other things. For Euros I go the mobile guy route for a few reasons.
      First a few years back I programmed a BMW with my Pass-thru, it was validated by BMW and Snap-on. I had already done several BMW reflashes prior to this, I bricked the PCM programming it. I was able to recover it but I was not happy about this. Calling as many people as I could find that program, every one told me NO Pass-Thru, ICOM only. Also some of the programming is VERY complex, I'd rather leave these big dollars modules in the hands of someone who knows them better. I still talk to the programmer and learn from them but for now without factory tooling I don't program any Euro.

That's my thoughts on this. Again if you want to do this your first step is to log into the Mercedes website, create an account and look up if your hardware and wallet are up to the task.

Steve

Comment

• Moonsauto
        • Jun 2018

Thank you Steve for the respond!
        Yes we all know it sucks when we fry the modules, I did once with nissan too, labtop battery went dead in the middle of reflashing and I couldn't recover it..

We started to having more MB vehicle needs programming after the new parts so I was just trying to see maybe I could learn just like I did with other vehicle companies.

Yes, the MB subscription was one of my other concern too.
        I did register MB site and have an access but still little confused about the subs.
        They have SUBSCRIBE section and PURCHASE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE SECTION, which are very very expensive.
        SUBSCRIBE sections are cheap ($64 day / $170 week) but I just couldn't tell if that includes the programming function too, not just looking up some diagnose info.

I got some screen shots of the MB site but can not seem to find the way to upload it here..

Maybe I should give up.. I can't even upload the pictures here

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

To upload files click on the Paperclip and an attachment menu will appear.

Capture.JPG

On the Mercedes main menu go to the bottom and go to the support or contact page and see if you can speak to someone.
          If you plan on doing more of these the BlueLink way might be the way to go for you. I think its about $150.00 a flash after the setup, and they do most of the work (remotely of course).

Comment

• Moonsauto
            • Jun 2018

Got it! Thank you!

mbsubscribe.jpg

mbusa.jpg

Comment

Working...