Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

Hey 69-Charger (love that car by the way)

I was wondering if this ever got resolved?

Comment

• 69-Charger
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Skip
      Hey 69-Charger (love that car by the way)

I was wondering if this ever got resolved?
      No I have not got this resolved My dealer installed the " patch " and the scanner still doesn't comm. with the abs, air bag, body. My dealer told me to call tech again, I did and I don't think they know what the problem is. They told me to try another cable, My dealer was in this past Friday, I tried another cable, obd connector and # 13 key still no comm. My dealer and I checked the book he has and my scanner with 8.2 should do the ABS, air bag and body. My dealer was going to call tech and see what he can find out. If anyone on this site find anything out about this problem it would be a great help. If my dealer doesn't find out anything I'm going to see if he has another solus pro on the truck and see if it works ?? I don't know what else to do Does any one know what the " patch " was for or what it suppose to fix, I asked the tech guy but it didn't sound like he knew either, he said something but I didn't understand what he said

PS: skip, can't wait for winter to be over so I can drive my 69 charger again

Comment

• jeffreyg
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by 69-Charger
        No I have not got this resolved My dealer installed the " patch " and the scanner still doesn't comm.

If anyone on this site find anything out about this problem it would be a great help. If my dealer doesn't find out anything I'm going to see if he has another solus pro on the truck and see if it works ?? I don't know what else to do Does any one know what the " patch " was for or what it suppose to fix, I asked the tech guy but it didn't sound like he knew either, he said something but I didn't understand what he said

PS: skip, can't wait for winter to be over so I can drive my 69 charger again
        The patch was to fix a communicaton problem on Chrysler and some GM. For some reason 8.2 software update had a "bug", it would only communicate with PCM on Chrysler and some GM it would not communicate with ABS, body, airbag.

Comment

• 69-Charger
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jeffreyg
          The patch was to fix a communicaton problem on Chrysler and some GM. For some reason 8.2 software update had a "bug", it would only communicate with PCM on Chrysler and some GM it would not communicate with ABS, body, airbag.
          My dealer installed the " patch " and it didn't fix the problem. How do I know if the " patch " successfully went in to my scanner ?? I asked my dealer this question, and he said all he knows is that after he loaded it his computer said " complete " . How do you know it really went in the scanner

Comment

• jeffreyg
            • Jan 2008

My dealer installed the " patch " and it didn't fix the problem. How do I know if the " patch " successfully went in to my scanner ?? I asked my dealer this question, and he said all he knows is that after he loaded it his computer said " complete " . How do you know it really went in the scanner
            The software version # would had changed, you would find that # in utilities (I think I don't have my solus pro home with me) I don't know the number, you would had to look at the # before and after the update to see if it had changed. I'm sure it did update I don't know what is going on with your scanner I can tell you the patch fixed my problem. I had a Dakota in the shop (after the 8.2 update) with and ABS light on it would not communicate found out about the patch went to my truck (01 Dakota) tried to communicate with ABS would not, had the patch installed that Friday tried on my truck and all was good. I think your on the right track I'd try another solus pro maybe try to get one with 8.4.

Comment

• 69-Charger
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jeffreyg
              The software version # would had changed, you would find that # in utilities (I think I don't have my solus pro home with me) I don't know the number, you would had to look at the # before and after the update to see if it had changed. I'm sure it did update I don't know what is going on with your scanner I can tell you the patch fixed my problem. I had a Dakota in the shop (after the 8.2 update) with and ABS light on it would not communicate found out about the patch went to my truck (01 Dakota) tried to communicate with ABS would not, had the patch installed that Friday tried on my truck and all was good. I think your on the right track I'd try another solus pro maybe try to get one with 8.4.
              How can I find out what the original 8.2 software version # would be, and what the software version # would be after the " patch " was installed. Then I could check my software version # on my scanner and see if the " patch " or the update did go in to my scanner. Is there anyway to get these #'s ??

Comment

• jeffreyg
                • Jan 2008

How can I find out what the original 8.2 software version # would be, and what the software version # would be after the " patch " was installed. Then I could check my software version # on my scanner and see if the " patch " or the update did go in to my scanner. Is there anyway to get these #'s ??
                I just talked to my dealer and he looked and could not come up with anything. He said the best thing he could think of is to call tech support, someone there should be able to get that info. I also called some shops near me that have the Souls Pro to see if they still had the 8.2 and all have updated to 8.4, because they would have had the patch installed, they all have the same dealer as me.

Comment

• 69-Charger
                  • Feb 2008

solus pro no comunication dodge ABS ( update )

My dealer was in Friday, and I asked him what he found out about my com. problem ( he called tech to find out ) . He said they were suppose to send him a " patch " to install, but said he didn't get it yet I said, what was the " patch " you installed last week ??? He said he didn't know . He had a solus pro on the truck with 8.4, so we tried it on a 98 dodge truck I had at the shop. The solus pro with 8.4 got in to the ABS with no problem. So I spent the $ 500.00 to update my scanner to 8.4 I hooked my scanner up to the dodge truck and it got in to the ABS with no problem. Still not real happy about this whole thing, and how long it took, and my dealer not knowing about the problem, installing a " patch " that did nothing, and $ 500.00 to fix a problem with bad software And plus the time I wasted the on the first truck that started this post !! Well, its fixed now, I just hope there is no problems with the 8.4 software that will cause problems down the road. Thanks to everyone that helped me with this problem, all you guys were a great help

Comment

Working...