Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbarnes5654
    • Apr 2007

Solus Pro 8.2 update free?

There is a rumor floating around on IATN and supposedly confirmed that the 8.2 update will be free for solus pro buyers Will one of the Snap-on reps please confirm or deny this. It would certainly be nice to know the next update would be free.
    Don
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

It's not a rumor it's true that 8.2 will be a free update for the s-pro . As far as I was told it will NOT have a 7.4 update. It comes with 7.3 which is S-pro only.

Steve

Comment

• Christopher
      • May 2007

Do you have this in writing?

I just received my Solus Pro today, and of course my dealer doesn't know anything about it.

Comment

• dbarnes5654
        • Apr 2007

I hope the rumor is true. I thought this being snapon's site, we could get an official answer.Not too late snapon, care to reply?
        Don

Comment

• Nick
          • Oct 2006

I also confirmed this with two of my friends that are inded authorized Snap On dealers!! Sounds like a great deal to me.
          Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• dbarnes5654
            • Apr 2007

Super, my dealer is due in tomorrow and I'll start grilling him on this question. He's new, only been on truck two or three weeks, so it will give him a chance to call some people and start building some numbers he can rely on for answeres to diagnostic equiptment questions.
            Thanks, Don

Comment

• Dennis W
              • Aug 2007

I have had solus pro for about a month, my dealer told us the 7.3 is good untuil the next update, about one year. He mentioned nothing about a free upgrade,

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                • Jul 2007

Isn't it amazing..7 days into this thread..and not ONE Snap-On Authorized Representative will reply. Moreover, this is THEIR site!!!!

Wonders never cease to amaze me

Comment

• MasterWrench
                  • Oct 2006

Snap-On runs the site but in a way you could say it's the members. Nick already stated that he has dealers that have confirmed this to be the case(the update is FREE) for them to reply may be just redundant at this point.......
                  MasterWrench

Comment

• EBI Webmaster
                    Administrator
                    • Sep 2006

SolusPro Released with 7.3

Originally posted by dbarnes5654
                    There is a rumor floating around on IATN and supposedly confirmed that the 8.2 update will be free for solus pro buyers Will one of the Snap-on reps please confirm or deny this. It would certainly be nice to know the next update would be free.
                    Don
                    The SolusPro being sold on the streets right now has a 7.3 version software. All other platforms will have new 7.4 software available for purchase starting in October. The next update that will be available for the SolusPro platform will be 8.2 sometime in the spring of 08.

There are some promotions currently available for the SolusPro.
                    You will need to check with your local dealer for the promotions that may be available, in your area.

Not all dealers offer the same promotions.
                    http://askatech.snapon.com

Comment

• Christopher
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by EBI Webmaster
                      There are some promotions currently available for the SolusPro.
                      Well let hear them. Snap On should make these public.

You will need to check with your local dealer for the promotions that may be available, in your area.
                      Yeah like they know what is going on, Snap-on informs them about as good as, Snap-on informs us.

Not all dealers offer the same promotions.
                      So one guy is getting a sweetheart of a deal, while another guy somewhere else is getting screwed, for the samething.

Well if I find out that I am not getting the same promotion as other guys across the nation, my new SP Pro will be my last dime I spend with Snap-on, you can pass that on to Snap-on.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                        • Jul 2007

Christopher..doesn't seem straight-forward does it?

Why would some dealers offer a better deal to their customers?

Would that be cause they have to buy from Snap-On a certain amount to get the discount from them?

So, if a dealer is a small-time guy..he doesn't buy as much as a large big-city dealer..so he doesn't get the deal.....so inthe end..the end-user..you and I ..get less of a deal?

Oh..BTW..Nick's post was not definitive if you read it..plus he's a mod..not a representative of Snap-On

Comment

• dbarnes5654
                          • Apr 2007

Well Guys, at least we now have an official answer. You may not like it, but it is what it is. We will have to question our dealers and hopefully they will put pressure on corporate to extend the special deal acroos the board. Thank you Snap-On for the answer.
                          Don

Comment

• Christopher
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by DougMontgomery
                            Oh..BTW..Nick's post was not definitive if you read it..plus he's a mod..not a representative of Snap-On
                            I know, but aren't you suppost to shoot the messager.

Comment

• EBI Webmaster
                              Administrator
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dbarnes5654
                              Well Guys, at least we now have an official answer. You may not like it, but it is what it is. We will have to question our dealers and hopefully they will put pressure on corporate to extend the special deal acroos the board. Thank you Snap-On for the answer.
                              Don
                              You are welcome.
                              http://askatech.snapon.com

Comment

Working...