• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by andybaz
    UPDATE !
    The below email was sent to SO UK 07.06.2011 and yet again uncommented on ! Thats 15 email address's, surely a manager would stand up an ask whats going on? may be not, sit back and ignore, after all they are not paid to communicate ?? ...

Good morning,
    To clarify:
    Emails sent, as we have restricted phone facility at work.

email sent: 25/04/2011 - NO REPLY
    email sent: 05/05/2011 - NO REPLY
    email sent: 13/05 2011 - No return comments
    email sent: 23/05/2011 - NO return comments
    email sent: 30/05/2011 - NO return comments.

Email replie's are what i have been waiting for with answers to my
    concern questions, also means im not paying phone charges ontop of high
    upgrade costs for negative cant do replies if phoning.

As per last email, no one actioned or commented, i presume then that my
    mail simply gets opened and deleted. I do get a resposne from Ms.(name withheld), who forwards to who she believes should receive any appropriate emails she opens, again thank you to Mr.(name withheld) for all your help in the past.

Regards Mr A Barraclough

Dealership tech

ATA approved Tech

GLORIFIED SO code reader owner
    Andy,
    Matt has offered his assistance in a previous post have you talked with him?

As for a detailed list of functional test that are in the 11.2 bundle, we do not have that available for customers at this time.

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Hello Mr J.G.
      Yes i see what Matt has offered, but seen as i have been asking since day 1 of purchase of my machine, i will cotinue to hound SO UK to sort as this is their problem, why should some one (no offence Matt) come in half way through to resolve something that SO UK cant do or wont assist?.
      Toyota pro tech & ata
      PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

email sent to SO uk 12.06.2011 :

Good mornig to these 3 departments,
        AS there has been no reply comment to the issue's below, and no one
        will stand up and say yes !, i can only assume then my emails are
        simply opened and deleted, and the person who opens these emails must
        think its him again, an idiot etc, and hits the delete button.

Regards Mr A Barraclough

and not ! andy barraclough !!

Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
          • Apr 2009

email sent 12.06.2011 to (name withheld)

Dear (name withheld),
          Yes MR (name withheld)rang and left a voice mail as we have restricted phone
          use at work,when i returned home i returned a voice mail message to the
          gentlemen and left a simple meesage to explain my problem and concerns
          are not with finance and simply left it at that.

I thank you for your acknowledgements each time, i assume you are the
          only person within a department where i send emails,hence why i always
          see replies from you, i also appreaited all the efforts of MR (name withheld) in technical support.

I am now reverting to putting all my help topics on a forum so i can
          teach myself how to use my machine as i am getting nowhere with
          questions asked.

SO has supplied me the unit, i have paid my finance and upgrade fee, im
          all upto date at 10.4. The feeling of there's the machine get on with
          it, thats just my opinion, i have attended a SO training course?, thats
          what it was sold as at £40 and recieved a certificate (which i no
          longer posses) to say i passed the course, forgive me for being open
          and honest, this was a chat seminar on technology, to say i passed a
          course, i dont think so, a newly started work employee with no spanner
          knowledge can pass aswell by simply turnig up an listerning to what was
          being spoken.

I appreaite i am a nusiance customer , but when i dont get answers
          after spending £2k+, im not to impressed.

Regards Mr A Barraclough

Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

This makes a change

email 13.06.2011 email received:

UK Support,

Please contact and assist the customer below directly.

Sincerely,
            Snap-on Diagnostics

Wander wether this is a email from outside the UK ?
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
              • Apr 2009

A email has been sent to the SO uk MR (name withheld) reguarding this last email from SO with a question 1st before i continue with my issues's.

As i have said in previous posts and emails, its about time issues's are brought up and highlighted and not simply ignored, and im sure there are others out there who agree ........

So will wait for my reply then see about forwarding the concerns 1 at a time to be resolved 100% with positive responses .
              Last edited by andybaz; 06-15-2011, 10:16 AM.
              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
                • Nov 2010

Hello Mr J.G.
                Yes i see what Matt has offered, but seen as i have been asking since day 1 of purchase of my machine, i will cotinue to hound SO UK to sort as this is their problem, why should some one (no offence Matt) come in half way through to resolve something that SO UK cant do or wont assist?.
                Don't worry, I'm fairly thick skinned, so no offence taken

With all the emails that are flying about there still seems to be an air of confusion as to your initial issues/requests.
                I know you say daytime contact is difficult, but any chance of you emailing me your mobile number and time of lunch and I'll ring you then for a chat to see if we can put these issues to rest once and for all?
                As you previously stated, I did come into play late on in this but would like to see if I/we can get this sorted, and make you happy with your Solus Pro.

All the best

Matt

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Matt@KLPS
                  Don't worry, I'm fairly thick skinned, so no offence taken

With all the emails that are flying about there still seems to be an air of confusion as to your initial issues/requests.
                  I know you say daytime contact is difficult, but any chance of you emailing me your mobile number and time of lunch and I'll ring you then for a chat to see if we can put these issues to rest once and for all?
                  As you previously stated, I did come into play late on in this but would like to see if I/we can get this sorted, and make you happy with your Solus Pro.

All the best

Matt
                  Hi Matt. Glad SOMEONE is stepping up to the plate to try to resolve the issues andybaz has had with his scanner.
                  It really is a sad state of affairs when a CUSTOMER has to make himself a nuisance to get anywhere with the company that took his money, after making promises about the capability of a piece of equipment.
                  We try to perform our due diligence to weed out the advertising fluff, but the large corporations have a whole army of personnel who make us believe that the machine will do A-B-C.
                  When the machine DOES NOT do A-B-C, we ask questions, second guess ourselves, double and triple check, only to find that the company led us down the garden path with their well worded advertising.
                  To quote a Mitchell promise (SO bought Mitchell years ago), we have been promised "Complete, Timely and Accurate repair information at your fingertips".
                  These promises of performance have not been delivered. Some due to our lack of knowledge regarding how the equipment functions, but MOSTLY due to the machines not working properly or completely.
                  I'm interested to see if CUSTOMER is looked after, or if things get swept under the rug AGAIN.
                  I'm also interested to see if the CUSTOMER gets ridiculed for his constant complaining.......I have.....yet after making many and repeated efforts to correct issues that actually lay with the machines, (rather than our capabilities), through normal or proper channels, public forums become our only choice of action.
                  It's really too bad Andy had to resort to this but I agree with him....but then again, I'm another social pariah......
                  Signed....the CRUSTY one.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

A email has been sent to the SO uk MR (name withheld) reguarding this last email from SO with a question 1st before i continue with my issues's.

As i have said in previous posts and emails, its about time issues's are brought up and highlighted and not simply ignored, and im sure there are others out there who agree ........

So will wait for my reply then see about forwarding the concerns 1 at a time to be resolved 100% with positive responses .
                    Hi Andy
                    I sincerely hope SO actually resolves the issues, rather than blowing them off.
                    I certainly understand that while any piece of equipment may have some failings (nuttin's perfect), after being blown off rather than experiencing PROPER CUSTOMER SUPPORT, you won't be satisfied with anything less than 100% positive responses.
                    Had the large corporation responded differently and in a more timely fashion, you (and I) could overlook SOME of the issues.
                    There are other techs who have had issues with the advertising and promises, not only regarding the Solus-PRO, but all of the SO equipment.
                    There are only a few who have the gonads to step up and call a spade, a spade. Often they are ridiculed for being the "nuisance".
                    I think SO should deliver what was promised (a properly functioning scan tool)
                    ....but then again I'm just CRUSTY......

(J--and no, I havn't peedinanyonescornflakes)

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Crusty
                      I'm also interested to see if the CUSTOMER gets ridiculed for his constant complaining.......I have.....yet after making many and repeated efforts to correct issues that actually lay with the machines, (rather than our capabilities), through normal or proper channels, public forums become our only choice of action.
                      It's really too bad Andy had to resort to this but I agree with him....but then again, I'm another social pariah......
                      Signed....the CRUSTY one.
                      Hello Crusty

As Andy states, I have been with the company 15 months, but my view on things are, if it states we can do them, then we can do them, if the function is there but doesn't work, we need to know about it.
                      Sometimes it can be down to incorrect vehicle identification or system voltages, etc, but sometimes we have to put our hands up and say we have a software issue.
                      We can't promise to put everything right in record time and offer it as an update patch, but we can sometimes offer work arounds in the mean time.

We get a large number of regular callers here on product support (uk) who from time to time make us aware of things that aren't quite right and we log every one for our engineering department to test and repair as required, with out these callers (that are no way classed as a nuisances), we would be blissfully unaware of any issues and therefore providing our customers with a poor service.

I too hope we can get his issues/concerns rectified in the not too distant

All the best

Matt
                      Last edited by Matt@KLPS; 06-16-2011, 07:25 AM. Reason: I Can't Speed Type!!

Comment

• markt
                        • Apr 2011

if a reported error with the software, or , snap on rectifies a glitch how do they go about getting a patch to their customers?..surely its not left till the machine is updated and paid for.
                        at the moment our machine mainly gets used for cars needing a roadtest while plugged in or if the rest of our gear doesnt do the job so we dont know of any problems others have with their machines or software.
                        the rest of our gear is updated as and when needed over internet( yes the bosch aswell and about time ). and at no extra cost for patches.

Comment

• andybaz
                          • Apr 2009

SO dont do repair patches to claim for software corrections, i pointed out an issue, present in 8.4,9.2 & 9.4, we have to wait till the next update comes out an pay our sub fee to see if the problem has been corrected, and yes it is not always corrected, so we pay £600 for 12 months subs, find a prob and hope it gets update, then we sign up for another 12months sub at £600 ( that also depends on diag too las upgrade costs differ) to see if the problem was cured.

I have come across a SO web page that has REPAIR patches for their flagships, so wanders why for only 1 machine and not the others, apologies, im forgetting i own a lower spec glorified code reader compared to the flagships.
                          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                            • Apr 2011

been having a look on shopstream and there is an update option for tools connected to it , surely they have the knowhow and sense to use this for patches
                            am due on a course through snappy so i bet the techy running it will be pleased when i start to get onto him about it,spoke to him a few times and he reports back to the BIG CHEESE with regards to any questions people have about features and future proofing.lets see what he will have to say

Comment

• andybaz
                              • Apr 2009

A SO 'course', sounds interesting, never heard of 1 of them, been asking all the time, wanders if you mean the £40 evening jobbies???

You attend and get a voucher at the end for £20 which means it cost you £20 for the 'course', you also get certificate to follow to put up on the wall.

This 'course' can be a highly advanced 'course' and anyone can pass it, as it is a seminar where you attend and listern to what is being said, so a new born techy,car valeteter,service receptionist, anyone basically with no spanner knowlledge can pass it aswell.

So your certificate says 'course' and the evening is a chat seminar

I very much doubt they will use the SSC update facility to upgrade as people may get the update procedure wrong, causing more GRIEF for SO, baring inmind that people are also having issue's geting SSC to load onto their pc's.

AND NO, MY LATEST EMAIL REPLY BACK FROM SO DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                                • Apr 2011

its a full day course im due to go on, been on a couple of the seminars which are handy for refreshing the old grey matter .
                                they do quite a few of the full day courses varying from basic diagnostics to full on canbus systems or common rail diesel..

Comment

Working...