nissan central locking resyn - solus pro ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

nissan central locking resyn - solus pro ?

Hi all, any views on resync a remote to a NISSAN ALMERA 2004, 2 remotes, 1works, the manual procedure with cycling the ign on an off has been tried but does not work, any SO machines do it? or any one know of any good links for more procedures?

cheers andy
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

i was just doing some light reading this morning on the iscan user manual, and skimmed over the nissan section. from what i interpretted you need to use the manual method for resyncing (unless you have the factory tool?).

a quick google search provided a forum response in regards to the manual method here: http://www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1535.0
    of course, it's dated 2004

Comment

• markt
      • Apr 2011

snappy wont do it..its still a bit light at the moment on the overseas stuff( compared to everything else ). will have to persevere with the manual mode, does the remote work also??

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Hi, thats the same procedure in my auto data 2008 book, thanks for taking the time and effort though, cant get the indiactors to flash at the 1st stage, so i have found a link to make a simple remote checker (9v battery, 1x led & 1x IR sensor and solder it in series, 20 mins according to you tube footage), will have a go at making before buyin the sealey remote checker at £30 an upwards depending where bought, all money saving.

The guy told me after that he did put the battery in the wrong way round before calling me, so im hoping he hasnt done something to the unit, hence need to try the signal from the remote blip.
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

the things we do for our customers ..

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

And mine are 'homework clients' , yeah, must be daft, maplins tomorrow night to inquire about a 12v led an IF sensor, then simply wire in series, then take to work and try on the cars in work , will report back on project IF it works and how much it costs compared to a sealey unit . I know some remotes work on radio waves rather than INFARED, so i wander if i can make a radio wave detector aswell, amy be maplin staff can advise
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
              • Nov 2010

For syncronising the remotes it is a manual procedure only as its a stand alone system to the immobiliser.
              Used to always be one of 3 things on Nissan:-

Battery u/s or new one incorrectly fitted
              Micro switches broken ( usually can be soldered back onto board)
              Sometimes have to disconnect the SMART entry control unit with power off(its just above clutch pedal from memory!) as they used to occassionally lock out.

Do you get the hazard flashes after the initial ign on/off 6 times?
              If yes, forget about the last one!

Hope this helps

Matt

Comment

• IDT7
                • Dec 2009

Hi Andybaz ,when you make sure your remote is sending sygnal ok,just try disconnect and reconnect vehicle battery(or hard reset),I had the same on focus and it worked.

Comment

• andybaz
                  • Apr 2009

Hi peeps, i took the plunge an ordered the sealey fob signal tester , so when it arrives, wil try it on a few cars at work the off to see my client to try an get to the bottom of why it wont work.

I have 1 idea i will try, the procedure is to operate the ignition a number of time, wait for the idicator flash, then it says operate the buttons, bit awkward when its in the ignition barrel, so thinking may wait for the flash, then pull the key out and continue with the rest of the procedure, in a similar manner to how i programme our dealership keys.
                  Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by andybaz
                    Hi peeps, i took the plunge an ordered the sealey fob signal tester , so when it arrives, wil try it on a few cars at work the off to see my client to try an get to the bottom of why it wont work.

I have 1 idea i will try, the procedure is to operate the ignition a number of time, wait for the idicator flash, then it says operate the buttons, bit awkward when its in the ignition barrel, so thinking may wait for the flash, then pull the key out and continue with the rest of the procedure, in a similar manner to how i programme our dealership keys.
                    Hello Andy,
                    That is how you do it!
                    Ignition on/off 6 times within 10 seconds, leave key in off position in barrel until hazards flash twice,
                    Remove key, press and hold unlock button, then press lock button 3 times,
                    if all is well, the hazards will flash once to confirm that key is syncronised.
                    Then press and hold unlock button on the second key and press lock button 3 times, again if all is well, hazards will flash once to confirm that key is syncronised.
                    Once all keys are syncronised, put one of the keys in the ignition and turn to on position, hazards will flash twice to confirm the end of the syncronising procedure.

Hope this helps

Matt

Comment

• andybaz
                      • Apr 2009

Hi all, as i followed the key procedure to the letter in the book, i could not get the indicators to flash at stage 1, the second remote works, so i doubt i should have to disconnect any modules ( but woth knowing, thank you). It wasnt till i was driving home, i thought about doing the rest by removing the key, all over the net and in auto data book, it says nothing about removing the key ., not to worry, sealey tester on its way, so will try fob for signal emitting, then retry the manual procedure, will update shortly, cheers for your interest and views people.
                      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Matt@KLPS
                        Hello Andy,
                        That is how you do it!
                        Ignition on/off 6 times within 10 seconds, leave key in off position in barrel until hazards flash twice,
                        Remove key, press and hold unlock button, then press lock button 3 times,
                        if all is well, the hazards will flash once to confirm that key is syncronised.
                        Then press and hold unlock button on the second key and press lock button 3 times, again if all is well, hazards will flash once to confirm that key is syncronised.
                        Once all keys are syncronised, put one of the keys in the ignition and turn to on position, hazards will flash twice to confirm the end of the syncronising procedure.

Hope this helps

Matt
                        Hi Matt, will try your sequence aswell, slight difference there compared to autodata again, you mention ONN/OFF 6 times, autodata is OFF/ON 6 times, then roll key to OFF position, will report back when tester arrives, cheers andy
                        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                          • Apr 2009

Update:
                          Well sealey tester arrived, tested on keys inwork so i dont look a total numpty .... went round, key blip is sending a signal , procedure worked on second attempt, sorted
                          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by andybaz
                            Update:
                            Well sealey tester arrived, tested on keys inwork so i dont look a total numpty .... went round, key blip is sending a signal , procedure worked on second attempt, sorted
                            Glad to hear it,

Done thousands of these in my Nissan Main dealer days, never really gave any hassle.

All the best

Matt

Comment

Working...