Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaysautos
    • Dec 2011

solus pro or verus please help

hi im jay and im new here i m a mobile mechanic and i use a mt2500 with software upto 2004.
    latley im getting more and more cars i cant get into getting no comunication so ive decided its time to get new unit ive thought of bosch and others but im a loyal snap on man and have decided to get either verus or solus pro but cant make the decission and would like all ur help if you dont mind?

what would you all get and reasons why please as im confused ?/
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jaysautos
    hi im jay and im new here i m a mobile mechanic and i use a mt2500 with software upto 2004.
    latley im getting more and more cars i cant get into getting no comunication so ive decided its time to get new unit ive thought of bosch and others but im a loyal snap on man and have decided to get either verus or solus pro but cant make the decission and would like all ur help if you dont mind?

what would you all get and reasons why please as im confused ?/
    Between the two, get the Solus-PRO. That leaves some capital for things such as a lab scope. Yes, they've built All-In-One such as the Modis and the newer Verus but, you have to jump hoops to scan and scope at the exact same time.

Recently I had a vehicle where, with the scope running and saving data, the scanner picked up a glitch and as soon as I saw it, i pressed the button on the scope and saved the incident. (two separate machines)

The Verus uses a "newer" software package but it isn't as stable a platform as the Solus-PRO.

Hey, the Solus-PRO has issues (that I really wish SnapOn would address) but it's a more reliable machine compared to the Verus.

The new Solus-ULTRA, which may not be available in the UK yet, still has some "growing pains".....LOL

The versatility of the Solus-Pro, despite having to use personality keys, is IMO the better choice. You'll probably find you'll need another type of scanner as well as the SP but it's not horrible when compared to lots of the junk out there.

With the S-Pro, you can save files to "internal" with minimal data loss, save 30 or 40 screen shots and movies, dump them to a USB stick and just carry the usb-stick to your computer for permanent file and data storage.

These files can be played back on your computer with ShopStream-Connect (SSC) but it needs some fine tuning to make it a really reliable usefull tool. It used to be better but they "fixed it" and you know what that means....LOL

Comment

• kebo1970
      • Nov 2008

solus pro and the vantage pro. the most reliable tools of all the scanners.

Comment

• Maurice Quille
        • Apr 2010

Solus Vs Verus

Not sure where to begin on this one, They are two very different platforms with very distinctive features.

Solus pro is a scan tool. It does not have component test meter nor a scope.
        It graphs well, performs well enough (if software writers would up their game) and will for the majority serve the needs if your calling to small based garages knocking off lights, coding injectors, relearns all that type of stuff.

Verdict offers a lot with down and pitfalls, Price being the biggest hurdle, but it does offer some Autodata reference material if your working on the road, you get a 4 channel scope, a secondry ignition scope and if you go for a wireless model you get bluetooth and keyless.
        Depends on how thick your wallet is, I bet the updates cost the price of a one bedroom flat

Comment

• Damien
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Maurice Quille
          Not sure where to begin on this one, They are two very different platforms with very distinctive features.

Solus pro is a scan tool. It does not have component test meter nor a scope.
          It graphs well, performs well enough (if software writers would up their game) and will for the majority serve the needs if your calling to small based garages knocking off lights, coding injectors, relearns all that type of stuff.

Verdict offers a lot with down and pitfalls, Price being the biggest hurdle, but it does offer some Autodata reference material if your working on the road, you get a 4 channel scope, a secondry ignition scope and if you go for a wireless model you get bluetooth and keyless.
          Depends on how thick your wallet is, I bet the updates cost the price of a one bedroom flat
          Just to clarify, Verdict is a two channel wireless scope and scanner, Without Autodata.
          Maurice is referring to Verus.

Comment

• OnTheJob
            • Jul 2011

Solus vs Verus?

I,ve only really got a opinion on the Verus but I swear by it, people have had alot of troubles with software updates etc. I really use my Verus as the complete tool and its fantanstic I work at a garage during the day and do alot of work in the evening, mobile. As long as you give the Verus a bit of time to fire up (like a older computer) it sorts itself out and off you go. What I love about it is the amount on the information on it, alot from Autodata, pin data, wiring diagrams, so you can really get into a job or its just a code reader. I use the scope on it a fair bit, again details on what wave form you should be getting etc on info screen. Any way let me know what you decide and if you want any more info just drop me a line, good luck.

Comment

• leemack
              • Jul 2010

Why don't you buy a SolusPro and a Picoscope, probably a good combination which is what i should've done rather than sell my Soluspro to by a Modis.

Although the Modis is good the scope is awkward to use as the screen size isn't the best and zoom function isn't that good either.

Comment

• Skip
                Super Moderator
                • Apr 2008

Solus Ultra and a Vantage Pro. My 2 cents.

Comment

• coyote_slayer
                  • Jan 2012

I agree with SKIP. Solus Ultra and a Vantage Pro. My Rep sold me the combo for the price of the Ultra alone. Ask your Rep if they'll do the same. Love both of these units. The Ultra is touch screen and way more user friendly than the Solus Pro IMHO. Plus the Vantage Pro is an awesome compliment to the Ultra. Everyone should have a lab scope.

Comment

• Timo
                    • Nov 2011

I personally like the solus ultra. no need for keys like the solus pro also invest in the vantage pro this way you can use both tools at once insted of jumping around with one tool.

Comment

Working...