Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lottysvdub
    • Nov 2011

No comms with Vauxhall

I have a solus pro which i bought brand new from my dealer in November last year , it has the latest software on it and to date has been great .
    Yesterday i needed to look at a 07 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 petrol .
    As many times as i tried it simply wouldn't communicate on the manufacturer settings . I ended up only getting p codes via the EOBD settings .
    I then tried again today on a neighbors 08 reg Corsa and had the same problem again .... is there a possible software glitch or is it something that im doing wrong ..... Ive to date not come across this issue .
    Any comment would be welcomed
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Hi, my pro is a year behind updates, currently running 10.4, just for info, i pulled engine codes via the manufacturer on a VECTRA C 2005 & a CORSA D without any problems, managed to read the other circuits aswell, would be highly interested if there is a problem with the software, will keep my eye open at work for any 07 & 08 plated cars in the vauxhall group and see what happens, will also offer some FREE CONNECTION/READS to any one i see with one of these to see what happens.

I know this doesnt help with your predictament, interested in the outcome.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• lottysvdub
      • Nov 2011

Hi Andy
      Thanks for your input , i will see if i can get hold of another Vauxhall to try and failing that i will be speaking to my dealer on Thursday of this week even though i suspect he will tell me to contact there tec support team on there very expensive phone line
      As soon as i have any info i will post it up

Comment

• IDT7
        • Dec 2009

Hi lottysvdub,does solus offer auto id on this cars to detect engine code,and do you select model year from 10th vin digit?After selecting auto id does it detect engine code and than you ve got comms problem,any problems with other ecus airbag/abs etc?

Comment

• Damien
          • Dec 2007

Hi lottysvdub,
          What version of software are you on?
          And what is the engine code on the Astra.
          Regards,
          Damien

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Hi Lotty, as i said, im using a s'pro with 10.4 s/w on it, and tonight i plugged into a CORSA D 2009 & ASTRA H 2008 with out any problems, attache dbelow are the vin screens i recorded, i can acess data/codes/engie/abs/transmission/body ecu/p'steering etc as shown on the various screens, but i simply carried out a connection check for you.

I simply went via vauxhall make - year - model - auto id & manual id, hope this helps. I pressume you done the obvious , the ignition is on otherwise you will get a connection message error , bin there myself when 1st got my kit
            Attached Files
            Toyota pro tech & ata
            PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• lottysvdub
              • Nov 2011

Hi Andy
              My Solus is running the latest version 11.2 and yep i did double check the ignition was on been there myself before
              Ive not had a chance in the last couple of days to hook it back up to a Vauxhall as we haven't had any in , i work for Citroen so the Vauxhalls are a little rare lol .
              So far i haven't had any problems with any other manufacturer until i needed it to work on Vauxhall , 1st i thought maybe the diagnostic plug in the astra might have blown its fuse so i checked that out hence i jumped on one of my neighbors corsa's to try it out but still no com's .

Damien to be honest i can not recall the engine code on the Astra , so no use there mate , is that something that would be stored on recent cars ? if so i will have a look tomorrow when im at work .

Thanks guys for your input i do appreciate it greatly

Comment

• Damien
                • Dec 2007

Hi,
                if you look in the previous vehicles menu, you should find it there. I have a couple of different Opels here which I can plug into to validate the error.
                I take it you were using the S-44 key and that it is functioning correctly because you comm'd with EOBD. Did you try any sub systems on the same car?
                Regards,
                Damien

Comment

• lottysvdub
                  • Nov 2011

Hi Damien
                  I had a look at the previous models to day and it shows it as

2007 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 SFI Z14XE .
                  When i tried to get it to work is simply came up with communication error , so i did try it on the next Astra on the list and got the same message .
                  So i ended up using the EOBD function just to try and pull a code out of the engine ecu and got p0170 Fuel trim bank 1 malfunction .

Im pleased i got it to work that way but would have preferred to have got work from the manufacture's list . Oh and my Solus pro is running 11.4 not 11.2 like i stated earlier

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

• IDT7
                    • Dec 2009

I think you should contact your snap on dealer or call scanline and tell about this problem.It is possible for your solus 11.4 to have software fault and only way to eliminate this is to reload it.
                    You see this forum is ok but when you get problem like this tell your dealer because people working on snap on uk software don't post and read this forum.
                    When I had my 11.4 solus faulty only way to fix this was to send it to snap on because they can individually reflash your machine free of charge because you're runing latest software.

Comment

• leemack
                      • Jul 2010

Is there anyway you can do a factory reset with in the data management menu, this used to sort some problems i had but not many.

Comment

• markt
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by IDT7
                        I think you should contact your snap on dealer or call scanline and tell about this problem.It is possible for your solus 11.4 to have software fault and only way to eliminate this is to reload it.
                        You see this forum is ok but when you get problem like this tell your dealer because people working on snap on uk software don't post and read this forum.
                        When I had my 11.4 solus faulty only way to fix this was to send it to snap on because they can individually reflash your machine free of charge because you're runing latest software.
                        i wouldnt rely too much on them doing it for free .
                        same happened on our machine and they were going to charge us a full repair fee with parts even though it was fine before the update its on the forum somewhere in one of my posts..snap on dont make mistakes

Comment

• lottysvdub
                          • Nov 2011

Spoke to my dealer today and got no were .... basically got told "dunno"
                          " contact technical support and see what they say " and then " I can book you on the next training course so you know how to use the machine " this i found a little insulting as Ive been a snap on customer for the last 26 years .
                          Guess i will try and dig out the tech support no and call them and see what they have to say .... quite disappointed with a solus pro that's less than 3 months old and doesn't t do what i was told it could do

Comment

• IDT7
                            • Dec 2009

Not acceptable,my dealer helped me a lot when I had software issue on my pro,and all was fixed within 3 days really all for free,to be honest call scanline and see what they say if you make all selections ok this must be software or hardware issue,wish you luck

Comment

• lottysvdub
                              • Nov 2011

Right guys just an update for you .
                              My Solus died on monday while doing some basic ABS checks on a Peugeot 307
                              Screen flashed several times and then a fatal error message popped up ans the system froze to the point of having to remove the battery to power the unit down .
                              I contacted Snap on technical support via e mail quite late monday night and vented my fustrations and concrens regarding my Solus system that wasnt even 2 months old .
                              tuesday morning i had a reply regarding the problems with a couple of suggestions on what to do , 1st being a system restore that did nothing at all to the solus , 2nd was to get my dealer to carry out an emergancy recovery of the unit from his base unit on his van . This was done today by my dealer who was really apologetic regarding the problems . So far it seems to be workng ok , ive not had much of a chance to really play with it as most of today ive been rebuilding a gearbox .
                              I would also like to say ive had 2 e mails from snap on's customer service team regarding the problems and in all fairness have been really helpful .
                              Fingers crossed this will be the end of the problems and of course i will keep you up to date if i have any other problems .....
                              Seems like Snap on do care about there customers .... or have i been lucky this time

Comment

Working...