Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Verdict d7

I'd appreciate any help from snapon software tech's on this one please.

Running 18.4 UK spec and ever since I bought this VERDICT D7 off our local snap on rep I complained about the software on any covered make and model of vehicle not communicating with the engine manament systems. Truthfully I've just been fobbed off about it with excuses. I was advised at one point to ring scanlines and I did but they were not really any help.

On a few occassions when switching the VERDICT D7 on and letting the system boot up, when I select scanner and vehicle make I'm then asked for the 10th VIN character and model year. Now this software sometimes shows different varying years from like 2002 up to 2017, and then sometimes 2002 up to 2021.

Sometimes when this happens I can either enter the software and read some data or I'm booted out with communication erros.

Is this a hardware/software incompatibility or something? I'm wondering if the snap on rep just loaded the software at the time to sell me a secondhand VERDICT D7 for a maximum price he could sell it at.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Working...