Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoryVail
    • Apr 2022

New TCM 2001 GMC 8.1L with allison transmission. Program questions

I have a new triton d8 snap on scanner I was told when i purchased it that it would allow me to program the new TCM on this truck I have TCM ready to install but I have not because I cannot figure out where or how this tool even connects to the TCM there does not seem to be any options for relearning or flashing of any computer. I have the $800 subscription but don't have a clue what it does. My boss purchased the tool and it is a great help for diagnostics and I was able to run down the problem. Now how do I use it to install the new TCM
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Your scanner CANNOT program the TCM, you will need a Computer and a Pass-thru device or factory interface for that. Programming and reprogramming modules can be very difficult and should only be done if you know what you are doing. Go on YouTube and type J2534 in the search box. There are many videos there that will give you an idea of what is involved. Best bet would beto try and learn from someone in your area thatalready does this. Being the TCM is already in the vehicle it might be best to call in a mobile programmer for this. Or check out Snapons Program assistant.

Comment

Working...