Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > SolusUltra User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-05-2021, 08:40 PM

texaswilkins Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default fast track troubleshooter 19.2 software

I bought a used solus ultra with the 19.2 software. I connected it to my 2018 Silverado 2500 6.6 diesel and it won't display the troubleshooter, for that vehicle. I can find it for some cars but not mine. Is that normal? How far behind are they with troubleshooter?

Thanks

Bill
Old 01-06-2021, 05:12 AM

Modis500 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

19.2 doesn't include all MY info for previous year (i.e. 2018), and doesn't even cover all the 2017 MY cars, but most it will. Try finding someone with a 19.4 or 20.2 coverage to see if your troubleshooter needs are covered.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Old 01-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Jay G. Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswilkins View Post
I bought a used solus ultra with the 19.2 software. I connected it to my 2018 Silverado 2500 6.6 diesel and it won't display the troubleshooter, for that vehicle. I can find it for some cars but not mine. Is that normal? How far behind are they with troubleshooter?

Thanks

Bill
Hi Bill,
The platform embedded Troubleshooter model year coverage ends at 2015 for all makes. All Wi-Fi capable platforms with current software receive diagnostic information through SureTrack on the platform and SureTrack website. For non-Wi-Fi platforms (Solus Ultra) with current software (20.4) will have access to the SureTrack website where you will find the diagnostic information.

Regards
Jay
Old 01-06-2021, 05:20 PM

texaswilkins Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thanks guys.

Bill
Old 01-06-2021, 07:08 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Hi Bill,
The platform embedded Troubleshooter model year coverage ends at 2015 for all makes. All Wi-Fi capable platforms with current software receive diagnostic information through SureTrack on the platform and SureTrack website. For non-Wi-Fi platforms (Solus Ultra) with current software (20.4) will have access to the SureTrack website where you will find the diagnostic information.

Regards
Jay
Unfortunately, it looks like Snap on just ended what was one of their greatest assets and greatest incentives to buy Snap On as opposed to their competition. The been there done that info there has helped many through the years become the mechanics they are and will be missed - while there may be those who disagree, Suretrack is no replacement for it.
The more internet dependent aftermarket tooling gets the less reason and incentive to buy it as an alternative to OEM.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:09 PM

That troubleshooter was a lot of why I upgraded from the solus pro to this tool. I knew it was there in my old one and was kinda surprised that its not there for everything in my new one. On the bright side, my new truck hasn't had problems that need to be fixed yet. Crossing fingers and knocking on wood, it stays that way for awhile.

Bill
Old 01-12-2021, 09:06 AM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswilkins View Post
That troubleshooter was a lot of why I upgraded from the solus pro to this tool. I knew it was there in my old one and was kinda surprised that its not there for everything in my new one. On the bright side, my new truck hasn't had problems that need to be fixed yet. Crossing fingers and knocking on wood, it stays that way for awhile.

Bill
Yep, that's the point exactly. Troubleshooter ON THE TOOL - internet & update independent - is why a LOT of people chose Snap On over or in addition to their competition. They seem determined to step by step make their tools worse instead of better.

That said, one does have to appreciate Jay for the heads up on this.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:28 AM

Matt Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I look at SureTrack as the more current and mature version of troubleshooter. It doesn't bother me that it requires internet to access the information. My small business is already "internet dependent" for several other reasons. I don't like being dependent on the internet, but it's just a reality for me. I agree that SO's troubleshooter data base is what separated it from other tools. I also feel SureTrack is what separates them from other tools now.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:33 PM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Hi Bill,
The platform embedded Troubleshooter model year coverage ends at 2015 for all makes.
Well I guess that's the last nail. Boss paid for three years of the extra "guided diagnostic" stuff on the new Zeus and found it sadly lacking. I did too and happily used Troubleshooting instead. As usual.

So add that together and when it's time to shop for a new scanner, I'm pretty sure we will no longer be looking at Snap On's offerings.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:25 PM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Well I guess that's the last nail. Boss paid for three years of the extra "guided diagnostic" stuff on the new Zeus and found it sadly lacking. I did too and happily used Troubleshooting instead. As usual.

So add that together and when it's time to shop for a new scanner, I'm pretty sure we will no longer be looking at Snap On's offerings.
Your won't be the only one...