If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
No but they all stop being updated at some point. So if updates stopped being issued for your scanner in 2024 then you can't scan 2025 up vehicles outside of a generic OBDII read. You can however scan 2024 and older vehicles for as long as the scanner holds up. I have a Modis that only goes up to 2009 but still does what it can just fine.
Thanks for your replies. My Verdict D7 just switched off without warning and I initially thought it was a flat battery, or the bios battery but it was neither. I spoke with snap on who advised they had been having problems with the software and something "I don't know what" had been going wrong shutting down the software. Snap on have sent me a file via email that they want me to transfer to a dongle so that they can install it in the Verdict D7 next week.
Hopefully that will fix the problem, and if anyone else is affected in the UK this could well be the solution to your problems!!
Apparently it's something unintentional in the software that the date triggers and they are sending out a small patch/fix for it to anyone who asks. Doesn't matter how long ago your software "expired".
Comment